Arriving in Sapporo
Stage 1: To Kushiro
Overview of stage. 9 days of cycling to Kushiro until taking a rest.
Stage 1.1: Otaru und Lake Tōya
First part of cycling. Started of with a rainy day to the lovely town of Otaru. With the sun coming out again, had a nice mountain pass along the Route 393 for some rural areas. Cycled around Mount Yōtei-zan. Visited stunning lake Toyo and national park Shikotsu to finally head of to Chitose city.
Stage 1.2: Cape Erimo
Trip around Cape Erimo along the coast. Very mystical ride with such diverse nature. Allthough a little bit fizzy and foggy a very spiritual trip.
- Day 06 – Chitose to Shizunai – Horseranges, Pacific and karaoke
- Day 07 – Shizunai to Urakawa – Rainy day
Stage 1.3: Kushiro
Rainy transfer to Kushiro, with a well earned rest day.
- Day 09 – Hiroo to Urahoro – Rainy day
- Day 10 – Urahoro to Kushiro – Fizzy rain and mystical Kushiro
- Day 11 – Kushiro – Well earned rest day
Stage 2: To Abashiri
Overview of stage. 4 days of cycling to Abashiri until taking a rest. Passed the incredible Kushiro Wetlands, Lake Mashū and had a day trip to Shiretoko National Park. Saw red glasswort and stayed at an Japanese Farm.
Stage 2.1: Kushrio wetlands and Lake Mashū
Stage 2.2: Daytrip to national park Shiretoko
Daytrip from our small farm, outside of Shari.
Stage 2.3: Transfer Abashiri
Transfer to our little farm in Abashiri with passing rare red glassowort. Had a day off and went to Lake Abashiri.
- Day 15 – Kiyosato to Abashiri – Cloudy transfer trip to Mama
- Day 16 – Abashiri – Relaxing at Lake Abashiri
Stage 3: To Asahikawa
Overview of stage. 2 days of cycling to Asahikawa until taking a rest. Asahikawa is the second “largest” town, with only ~360.000 people in comparison to Sapporo, with roughly 1.9 million people.
Stage 3.1: Red glasswort
Stage 3.2 Asahikawa
- Day 18 – Yubetsu to Ahasikawa – King of mountain
- Day 19 – Asahikawa – Beautiful sundown and robatayaki
Stage 4: To Sapporo
Overview of stage. 3 days of cycling to Sapporo until taking a rest and going for record shopping.
Stage 4.1: Flowerfields
Stage 4.2: Arriving at Sapporo
- Day 21 – Furano to Iwamizawa – Rainy day with a surprising reward
- Day 22 – Iwamizawa to Sapporo – Coming back again
The time being in Sapporo went so fast. 4 days of record digging, comsumption. Such a difference to the rural days spent before. Arriving back home and seeing what I’ve bought on the way.